Re: [AMBER] Detection of residues within a sphere

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 09:07:39 -0400

Hi,

Cpptraj can do something like what you ask via the "mask" command. For
example, given the input:

parm prmtop
trajin mdcrd.nc
mask (:195<:3.0)&:WAT maskout mask.out

cpptraj will print out all atoms within 3.0 angstroms of residue 195
that are also WAT residues. The output will look something like:

#Frame AtomNum Atom ResNum Res MolNum
       1 8838 O 1865 WAT 1598
       1 8839 H1 1865 WAT 1598
       1 8840 H2 1865 WAT 1598
       1 14235 O 3664 WAT 3397
       1 14236 H1 3664 WAT 3397
       1 14237 H2 3664 WAT 3397

You could change the mask to "(:195<:3.0)&!(:WAT)" to select all
non-WAT residues. See the cpptraj mask syntax (7.2.2.1) and mask
command syntax (7.2.2.6) for more details. Let me know if you have any
more questions.

-Dan