Re: [AMBER] RAM requirements

From: Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 10:29:21 -0700

I also have to agree with Ross' comments here - the biggest problem with
really huge systems is that the sampling requirements are really huge too.
I am of course interested in the technical challenges of doing larger
simulations in the software itself, but I would not jump an order of
magnitude in my system size without expecting significant problems (I have
run up to 800,000-900,000 atoms, but I was looking at pme boxsize effects).
Regards - Bob Duke