Re: [AMBER] RAM requirements

From: Dmitry Osolodkin <divanych.rambler.ru>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 20:36:07 +0400

Hi all again,

I've tried to make a solvated protein in tleap with the command
"solvatebox M TIP3PBOX 275" to start with rather simple test system. It
used 8 Gb RAM, then 7.5 Gb swap and hanged. It probably means that
solvatebox routine memory usage is not optimal.

Interestingly, GROMACS successfully built this system using only 6 Gb
RAM, but I'm not familiar with that program and its forcefields. The
resulting PDB file size is 1 Gb. Is it possible to convert it into AMBER
format or I need to solvate it from scratch?

Best regards,
Dmitry

Dmitry Osolodkin
Researcher