[AMBER] continue simulation with extended conformation

From: Daniel Schaal <daniel.schaal.uni-bayreuth.de>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 16:06:48 +0200

Dear all,

i am running am MD in explicit solvent and want to manipulate the conformations of my peptide at a certain point of time.
This should look like a sudden but small extension of the back bone in order to find to the energetic minimum again. Is this possible in general and without blowing up my system?
 I think the main problem would be the negligence of the additional (necessary?) minimization, or is this not the case.
For example can this be done by increasing the temperature for a short time and then going back to the initial ?

Thanks in advance for every response.

Daniel Schaal