Re: [AMBER] ambpdb water removal for rst files

From: Anselm Horn <Anselm.Horn.biochem.uni-erlangen.de>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 22:00:12 +0200

Dear Andrew,

> Dear Amber developers, are there any shifts in this question?
> I need to remove water from dataset of PDB files and it would be better to do this through modeification of the shell script just by adding -nowat flag to ambpdb rather than stripping water from prmtop, rst or mdcrd files.
> Maybe there are any scripts for this in the community now?

if I understood your problem correctly, your task should be easily
accomplished using Linux' command line grep:

ambpdb -p system_water.top < system_water.crd | grep -v WAT \
> system_naked.pdb

Of course, you could strip off ions as well.

Regards,

Anselm

Bioinformatik
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
Germany