Re: [AMBER] Equilibration step of tutorial 3 taking much longer than estimated run time

From: Daniel Aiello <Daniel.Aiello.umassmed.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 12:49:26 -0400

Hello,
For the minimization step, is it possible to shorten the length of the simulation by decreasing the values for
maxcyc and nstlim? We are new to Amber and to MD and are therefore not entirely sure about the effects of the various parameters on the simulation. Initially, we were using sander.MPI because this is the version of sander that was used in the example minimization step provided in tutorial 3. Also, I just found out that pmemd has not been compiled on our cluster. Thanks a bunch,
Dan