Re: [AMBER] disappearing atoms using softcore TI - amber 11

From: <steinbrt.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 04:16:32 -0400 (EDT)

Also, one final comment:

I just thought of a way of showing that what I wrote is really exactly how
the code works:

Build your system in vacuum as before but add a non-interacting particle
(zero vdw, zero charge) to it. Then make a second prm&rst of just that
particle. Now you can run a TI transformation in vacuum with your original
molecule as soft core region and the dummy particle remaining after
disappearing everything else and you will (hopefully) see that dvdl is
always zero.

Thomas

Dr. Thomas Steinbrecher
formerly at the