Re: [AMBER] sander.MPI

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 09:42:49 -0700

Hi Bruno,

> The cluster administrator claimed that my ./restart.sh should be a
> BINARY
> file because mpirun only accepts binaries.

This is not strictly true in the real sense of the word BUT you should NOT
be passing a script as an argument to mpirun. From your comment above I
would conclude that you are trying something like:

mpirun -np 2 ./restart.sh

This will definitely NOT work. The mpirun needs to be inside your restart.sh
script in front of the pmemd.MPI or sander.MPI call.

> I guess it's not the case as it recognizes the commands inside. Do you
> have
> any clue about the input files for mpirun? I read the man from mpirun

Sure it recognizes the commands inside but you should probably read up a bit
on what MPI actually is and you will realize what is going on here and why
this does not make sense. If you just do mpirun -np 2 ./restart.sh it will
simply run 2 copies of your restart.sh script and this will just end in a
big steaming pile of FAIL!

Edit your restart.sh and put the mpirun command in front of the sander.MPI
or pmemd.MPI executable and then run the restart script with ./restart.sh.

All the best
Ross

/\
\/