Re: [AMBER] Amber 11 Benchmark for GPUs - Binaries and an Evaluation Licenses

From: Dean Cuebas <deancuebas.missouristate.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 09:23:46 -0500

Let's not forget how it started...

Because the six people responsible for setting up problems on the ENIAC
(the premiere general-purpose electronic digital computer built at the
University of Pennsylvania during World War II) were drafted from a corps
of human computers, the world's first professional computer programmers
were women, paving the way for careers in data processing as socially
acceptable for women in an era of gender roles. These six
computers-turned-computer-programmers were Kay McNulty
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathleen_Antonelli>, Betty Snyder
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betty_Holberton>, Marlyn Wescoff
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marlyn_Meltzer>, Ruth Lichterman
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruth_Teitelbaum>, Betty Jean Jennings