Re: [AMBER] Solvation

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 08:23:01 -0400

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 8:20 AM, Sindrila Dutta banik <
sindrila.duttabanik.yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. When using Leap (explicit solvent model), the
> solvents are located surrounding the protein and not WITHIN the cavities of
> protein (not as internal water molecules). In case, when a protein is
> immeresed in a box of water, water is expected to be present in the cavities
> within protein structure. How to get that?

My suggestion would simply be to run MD with weak restraints on the protein
system and let the waters diffuse in there naturally (in an NTP ensemble).

To me, this is a better solution to "guessing" where the waters would go.

HTH,
Jason

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida