Re: [AMBER] xleap as a molecular viewer

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 10:05:31 -0400

On Tue, May 17, 2011, Guenegou, Guillaume [ORDFR] wrote:

> I would like to use xleap as a molecular viewer (I know it is not the
> best idea on earth, but I have to!). I believe it is possible. I work
> with Amber11.

The usual way to just view molecules is this:

x = loadpdb <pdbfile>
bondbydistance x
edit x

You don't need to load any libraries to do this, and it works with pretty
arbitrary molecules.

If you know you have just standard residues, you can load a library (ff10
has the most up-to-date atom and residue names, consistent with PDB version
3). Then you can skip the "bondbydistance" command.

Hope this helps...dac