Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA.py - entropy only?

From: Catein Catherine <askamber23.hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 22:50:14 +0800

Dear Sir/Madam,
Experimentally (x-ray structures for drug-bound and unbound structures are compared), it is known that a protein has a conformation change upon drug binding.
I model the protein-drug complex with AMBER, for 10 ns. I studied the correlation motion of each residues for this complex. I found the residues next to the drug binding sites has -1 correlation coefficients with a specific protein domain.
Should I interpret the result as follows:
The correlative motion between the drug binding site and the protein domain may have implication to the conformation change upon drug binding revealed in x-ray structures (bound vs unbound) structures.
If I want to further examine how the correlated motion are mediated from the drug binding site to the protein domain, what analysis should i do?
Best regards,
Catherine