Re: [AMBER] how to use Bennett acceptance ratio in Amber11?

From: <steinbrt.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 03:52:22 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

> I set ifmbar=1 in the input file as the Amber11 user manual indicates, so
> that sander.mpi can collect potential
> energy in simulations. In TI simulations, the lambda for each simulations
> are 0.1 0.2 ...0.9, and in each
> simulation, total potential energy of the system as it would be for
> different l-values (0.1 0.2 ...0.9)
> are collected (just use default bar_l_min bar_l_incr etc).

Please note that at the moment you can not combine BAR analysis with
softcore potentials, this will be fixed soon...

> But my questions is, how to process such data? I try the python script in
> "A Python implementation of the

If you want to use Michael Shirts python implementation of MBAR, you have
to convert Amber output to pymbar input. The attached script may be a good
starting point for this.

Kind Regards,

Dr. Thomas Steinbrecher
formerly at the