Re: [AMBER] closest command

From: Marek Maly <marek.maly.ujep.cz>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 20:02:25 +0200

Hello Sangita,

I solved recently the same problem (however with different molecules).

 From information which you wrote I would suggest you this approach:

strip :Na+ (or/and Cl-)
solvent byres :WAT
closestwater 10 [DNA MASK] first noimage
closestwater 5 [PROTEIN MASK] first noimage

This command sequence should strip Na+/Cl- ions (If you have some in box),
then 10 closest waters
to DNA will be selected and the last command will select from that 10
waters just 5 closest to your protein so with high probability you select
by this approach
just water molecules involved into DNA/proteinbinding.

Before that above commands it is of course a good idea to reimage your
trajectory, so
that the center of mass of your system (DNA/PROTEIN) is in the center of
the box.

Something like this:

center [DNA/protein mask]
image familiar