Re: [AMBER] Questions about compiling AmberToolsv1.4

From: Kamali Sripathi <ksripath.umich.edu>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 14:07:20 -0400

Hi Jason,

Thanks again for your reply.

The line says "NETCDF=netcdf.mod"

It's interesting that you mention running the tests by hand. That's what I'd
been doing when I'd gotten the error about not having netCDF support.
However, when I ran /usr/local/amber11/AmberTools/test/test_in_serial.sh,
it seemed that a lot of the tests that had failed when I ran them by hand,
ended up passing. I've attached the log from this run if you or anyone else
wants to have a look at it. I usually only use tleap, ambpdb and ptraj from
AmberTools, but these seem to be okay.

I also have a few more questions.

In /usr/local/amber11/test/, there is only ndiff.awk. Should there be as
many files here as there are in /usr/local/amber11/AmberTools/test/? If this
is the case, would it be best for me to recompile?

Is there any documentation regarding what each file in the test directory
actually does?

In my compiled version of AmberTools, in
/usr/local/amber11/AmberTools/test/sleap, I have a lot of subdirectories
like addions, amoeba and prmtop, while the general
/usr/local/amber11/AmberTools/test/leap
directory doesn't have that. Is that normal?

Is there a difference between using the modules in /usr/local/amber11/exe/
vs. those in /usr/local/amber11/AmberTools/exe/?

I'm sorry if I'm asking questions that have been answered elsewhere in the
AMBER mailing list archive or in the documentation. Please let me know if
this is the case and I would be happy to look for the answers there.

Thank you all,

Kamali Sripathi