Re: [AMBER] NMODE calculations results doubtful

From: Dwight McGee <dwight.mcgee.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 03:10:54 -0400

Hi,

   MMPBSA.py no longer uses the program "*nmode"* to calculate the entropy.
MMPBSA.py now uses a nab script to calculate the entropy which is a lot more
efficient because it minimizes and calculates the entropy in one program
thus alleviating the need to use two programs (sander/nmode). From looking
at your output it appears that sander did not minimize the structure
properly and when nmode attempted to calculate the entropy it failed because
the rms gradient of the coordinates was greater than .01. I would suggest
using a more up to date version of MMPBSA.py by downloading AmberTools 1.5.