Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA for trimerization process

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 12:48:52 +0200

On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 12:19 PM, Lekpa Duukori <duukori.gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to use MMPBSA to study a trimer formation process, so what I have
> could be called a 'complex' and 'ligand'.
>
> What I want to do is:
>
> C - 3*L

For clarity, I will refer to the above as C - 3*M (M for monomer)

> Instead of the usual:
>
> C - ( L + R)
>
> I know I can do this manually but it would be great to use the MMPBSA
> machinery if there is a simple way I can do so.

Why not just make the definition R = 2*M, L = M. This gives the ultimate
result from MM/PBSA of C - (L + R) = C - (2*M + M) = C - 3*M, which is what
you're looking for, no?

You won't be able to determine each monomer's contribution (there's no way
to do *3* ligands, but you can get the total difference in the above way).

HTH,
Jason

> Any ideas?
>
> Many thanks,