Re: [AMBER] Usage of Kongsted Ryde entropy method within MMPBSA.py

From: Samuel Genheden <samuel.genheden.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 15:45:06 +0200

Hi

I'm a PhD student with Ryde, so I felt that I should comment on this thread.

We always use the perl script because the python script was not around
when we started with our calculations, and we have seen no reason to
change to the python script.

We use nmode for the normal mode analysis, but as far as I understand
this program is deprecated nowadays. We had to modify the nmode
program so that we could use a belly in the calculations (i.e. a
buffer region). These changes are described on our homepage:
http://www.teokem.lu.se/~ulf/Methods/mm_pbsa.html

Perhaps a similar change as to be done to the normal mode analysis
code of nab, I'm not clear if nab allows you to keep something fixed
in NMA.

Also you need to have a special program to create the truncated
trajectories for you. We have a program that goes through a
trajectory, truncates it + a number of water molecules, and print a
file for each snapshot. I'm sure that our program can be modified
rather easily to get a single trajectory instead of many files.

I had in mind to implement it in nab, but I haven't got around to it.
I guess we could discuss by regular e-mail how to proceed.

Best regards,
Samuel Genheden
University of Lund

>>> 352-392-4032