[AMBER] New equilibrated solvent box, how to use it?

From: Samuel Genheden <samuel.genheden.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 14:28:15 +0200

Dear, Amber users

I have equilibrated a box of 216 acetone molecules and I want to
solvate my host molecule with this box. However I have large problem
getting the entire host molecule solvated.

First I create an off-file for my solvated acetone box by the
following leap commands:
source leaprc.ff99SB
loadamberprep ace.in
ACEBOX = loadpdb acetone_equil_box.pdb
setbox ACEBOX vdw
saveoff ACEBOX ACEBOX.off

And then in another leap run I do the following commands:
source leaprc.ff99SB
loadamberprep ace.in
loadamberprep host.in
loadoff ACEBOX.off
x=loadpdb host.pdb
solvateoct x ACEBOX 15

And then I get a few acetone molecules in the corners of the
octahedralbox, but no solvent molecules any close to the host.

Best regards,
Samuel Genheden
University of Lund