Re: [AMBER] softcore potential and temperature

From: <steinbrt.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 15:25:44 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

that depends. If your softcore region is small, you will see larger
fluctuations than for a full MM-system, up to hundreds of K for a single
SC atom. This is normal I believe. You should get the correct average over
a longer simulation though. Still, look at your trajectories to check if
the SC region behaves normally to make sure.

Thomas

On Tue, April 26, 2011 2:19 pm, anyiphysics.gmail.com wrote:
> Dear AMBER users,
>
> I'm using softcore potential to calculate binding energy between a DNA and
> its antibody. I realized that the temperatures in the softcore section
> fluctuate a lot even though I set temp0 = 300. It is normal or should I
> correct something in my input file?
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Yi An
> graduate student