Re: [AMBER] End of protonate method with amber11?

From: Ben Roberts <ben.roberts.geek.nz>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 10:21:44 -0400

Hi Guillaume,

On 26/04/2011, at 10:12 AM, Guenegou, Guillaume [ORDFR] wrote:

> I understand I can use the old protonate program, but the goal is to use
> amber11 and only amber11.
> So I cannot use this old program anymore. Is there any substitution
> method?

If you want to add hydrogen atoms, the new method is "reduce". It's the name of a program, like "tleap".

> I don't understand what you mean by "reduce code". Is it a new way to
> make protonate?

If I recall correctly, "protonate" was removed from Amber 11 distributions because its functionality was already provided by "reduce".

Hope that helps,
Ben

--
For greater security, I support S/MIME encryption.