[AMBER] Equilibration: Using restraintmask

From: George Tzotzos <gtzotzos.me.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 13:53:53 +0200

Hi everybody,

I've been trying to derive free energies of binding of a ligand (organic molecule), small protein complex following the procedure given in tutorial 3 http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial3/section1.htm

My question is whether during minimisation, heating and density equilibration BOTH the ligand and protein should be restrained using the SAME restraint weight. The reason I'm asking this is that on a couple of occasions where I used restraints of the same weight (restraint_wt = 2.0) on both ligand and protein the ligand failed to move much from its original position.

Many thanks on any advice on this matter

Regards

George