Re: [AMBER] gaussian

From: Ben Roberts <ben.roberts.geek.nz>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 10:04:05 -0400

Hi Shahid,

On 21/4/2011, at 6:31 a.m., M. Shahid wrote:

> Hi Ben,
>
> I write you directly because the question is not about MTK or Amber but gaussian g03.

This is still an MCPB / MTK++ question, dealing with the compatibility of MCPB with different QM packages.

> I sucessfully built the sidechain and large models following the manual, but then I came to know that
> gaussian program is required to complete parameters building with mcpb which I don't have.
> so can't I go further without using gaussian?

To the best of my knowledge, that's correct, in that MCPB can't generate input for, or parse output from, any other QM package. But other MTK++ developers may be able to offer an alternative.

Regards,
Ben

--
For greater security, I support S/MIME encryption.