[AMBER] MMPBSA.py error

From: Gabriel Urquiza <urquizagabes.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 23:34:37 -0300

Dear amberists,

I am having some problemas when I try to run MMPBSA.py on several short
dynamics. My system is an explicitly solvated protein with a
ligand, sodium ions and a flavin residue (which has been parametrized using
antechamber and parmchk).

I run it with this input:

&general
  startframe=1,
  endframe=1000000,
  interval=50,
  verbose=2,
  keep_files=1,
  strip_mask=":WAT:Na+",
  ligand_mask=":O01",
  entropy=1,
/

&gb
  igb=5,
  saltcon=0.150,
/

&pb
  istrng=0.15, fillratio=4.0
/

The residue name is O01 because it is the first of a series of related
compounds. I run MMPBSA.py and it gives me this:

checkCoordinates(): Could not predict number of frames for AMBER trajectory
file: _MMPBSA_complex.mdcrd
If this is not a compressed file then there is a problem
checkCoordinates(): Could not predict number of frames for AMBER trajectory
file: _MMPBSA_complex.mdcrd
If this is not a compressed file then there is a problem
checkCoordinates(): Could not predict number of frames for AMBER trajectory
file: _MMPBSA_complex.mdcrd
If this is not a compressed file then there is a problem
checkCoordinates(): Could not predict number of frames for AMBER trajectory
file: _MMPBSA_complex.mdcrd
If this is not a compressed file then there is a problem
Error: Sander output is missing values!
 VDWAALS = ************* EEL = -22412.2843 EGB =
 -3345.9563

ptraj found! Using /opt/amber11/exe/ptraj
sander found! Using /opt/amber11/exe/sander (serial only!)

Preparing trajectories with ptraj...
Beginning quasi-harmonic entropy calculation with ptraj...
70 frames were read in and processed by ptraj for use in calculation.

Starting sander calls

Starting gb calculation...

Starting pb calculation...

NOTE: All files have been retained for debugging purposes. Type MMPBSA.py
--clean to erase these files.

There are no values of GB or PB in the output. Something probably went wrong
(no kidding?).

I made PDB files for the minimization step and for several snapshots of the
dynamics using ambpdb. I also checked THE dynamics
themselves. All of that using VMD. The snapshots seemed fine as well as the
trajectories. I also checked the topologies used by the
MMPBSA.py and all of them were at the right place.

I looked around the list for problems such as these but i didn't find one
that matched the context I am facing right now. Also, my trajectories
aren't compressed.

Looking forward to hear your ideas.

Gabriel

-----
Graduation student at Federal University of Paraíba, Brazil.
LQQC - Laboratory of Computational Quantum Chemistry