[AMBER] SQM

From: Dachuan Guo <dcguo.hust.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 21:57:16 +0800

Hi all,
   I got a problem when I used SQM to calculate charges of a protein. I got
these messages from output file *mdout:*
QMMM: System specified with odd number of electrons ( 2697)
QMMM: but odd spin ( 1). You most likely have the charge of
QMMM: QM region (qmcharge) set incorrectly. Correct error and re-run
calculation.
 How could I deal with the error?
the input file:
 &qmmm
    qm_theory = 'PM3',
    qmcharge = 6,
    ! SCF settings
    scfconv = 1.0d-8, ! kcal/mol
    errconv = 1.d-02, ! au
    tight_p_conv = 0,
    diag_routine = 1,
    itrmax = 100,
    ! Geometry optimization settings
    maxcyc = 0,
    grms_tol = 0.02, ! kcal/(mol*A)
    ! Output
    ntpr = 101,
    verbosity = 0,
 /
 7 N 19.375 -10.157 -8.443
 1 H1 19.512 -9.748 -9.356
The pdb file used here was generated by *tleap *and *ambpdb *in order to add
H atoms and other missing heavy atoms*, *and the value of qmcharge was
calculate by pdb2pqr.

Thanks,
 Daniel
--
Dachuan Guo
Biomolecular Physics and Simulation Group, Department of Physics,