Re: [AMBER] solvate with crystal water

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 10:04:54 -0700

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 9:30 AM, David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 14, 2011, Jason Swails wrote:
>
> > Based on your test.pdb, I'm actually surprised that it ever worked. The
> > hydrogens all have weird names that don't conform to the PDB standards
> >
> > (2HB, 3HB, 1HG2, etc.) where they should be (HB2, HB3, HG12, etc.)
>
> These are not "weird" names, they just correspond to PDB version 2, rather
> than the (current) version 3 standard. LEaP and other amber tools should
> accept the older format just fine.

I was wondering if this was the case. However, I didn't see anything that
would map those atoms to one another in leaprc.ff03.r1 or leaprc.ff03 (I'm
supposed to be looking for addPdbAtomMap?). It wasn't obvious to me that
leap should be able to make that connection based on what I saw in the
lib/leaprc files...

All the best,
Jason

> ...dac