Re: [AMBER] solvate with crystal water

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 09:18:54 -0700

Based on your test.pdb, I'm actually surprised that it ever worked. The
hydrogens all have weird names that don't conform to the PDB standards

(2HB, 3HB, 1HG2, etc.) where they should be (HB2, HB3, HG12, etc.)

Try getting rid of all hydrogens from your PDB files and running leap
again. You can remove hydrogens with many tools, including reduce, sed, or
grep. My personal suggestion is reduce.

reduce -Trim test.pdb > test_noh.pdb

leap should add the hydrogen atoms back for you. See if this helps fix your
problems. Based on the files you gave me (just the PDB really), I have no
idea how you're getting the errors you're reporting.

Good luck,
Jason

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida