[AMBER] mmpbsa.py input - radii to use

From: Jesper Sørensen <lists.jsx.dk>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 17:54:50 +0200

Hello,

I am trying to figure out what the advantage would be to use the radii
optimized by Tan & Luo (in prep still?)?

Does anybody have a good explanation for this or a paper reference that I
could get? My system contains only standard amino acids, so there are no
GAFF/antechamber parameters in the mix.

Additionally, I am wondering about the options to use for those radii. Have
I understood it correctly, if I use these settings:

Radiopt=1, Npopt=2, pbrad=1.6,

And that to correctly use the Tan & Luo radii I need to set all three at the
same time?

I am assuming that the Npopt value equates to the ”inp” value in
PBSA/SANDER.

Best regards,

Jesper Sørensen

Dept. of Chem.