[AMBER] mmpbsa - nmode calculation

From: Sangita Kachhap <sangita.imtech.res.in>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 13:10:39 +0530 (IST)

Hello all

I am running AMBER ADVANCED TUTORIALS TUTORIAL 3 - SECTION 3.5 Nmode analysis.
Here I am confused about number of frames, numberof processor and thread.

Input file is:

Input file for running entropy calculations using NMode
&general
   endframe=50, keep_files=2,
/
&nmode
   nmstartframe=1, nmendframe=50,
   nminterval=5, nmode_igb=1, nmode_istrng=0.1,
/

progress.log file is:

50 frames were read in and processed by ptraj for use in calculation.
Processing 10 frames with normal mode analysis.

Starting calculations

Starting nmode calculations...
  master thread is calculating 2 frames

I am running it in 5 processor.
Here total frames processed are 10 then why calculation only for 2 frames.

What is mean by "thread" in progress.log?

So can anybody sugesst me to clear it.

Sangita Kachhap
JRF
BIC,IMTECH