Re: [AMBER] QMMM

From: Jurica Novak <jnovak.irb.hr>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 16:13:22 +0200

Great! If in Amber's mechanical embedding QM/MM approach reported SCF energy
includes *only* electrostatic influence of "non-QM" atoms on "QM" atoms
(with Ewald summation included and all bonded and non-bonded contributions
of "non-QM" atoms are exactly zero), that would be perfect. Does anyone know
which flag(s) should be turned on for a such single point run ('independent'
of Amber's QM/MM dynamics)?

In case of using "NTR" keyword there is additional contribution to total
energy - RESTRAINT. Another option that I've tried is using *"ibelly*" mask,
allowing only "QM" atoms to move. This helped in sense that all bonded
contributions of solvent molecules are exactly zero (I've compared bonded
contributions to energy by comparing calculations with *"ibelly*" keyword on
and only "QM" subsystem in gas phase). But, non-bonding interactions of
"non-QM" atoms remain sofar as unsolved problem to me.

Best regards,
Jura