Re: [AMBER] Uninstalling Amber Tools

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 11:35:26 -0700

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 11:30 AM, majid hasan <pu_majidhasan.yahoo.com>wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am new to AmberTools, and Linux. I want to create a single strand dna for
> dna-cnt simulation in gromacs. I earlier configures AmberTools, but I
> didn't
> include $AMBERHOME/bin in my path, so it didn't correctly. Can anyone
> please
> tell me how uninstall AmberTools, to make a clean installation?

AmberTools/Amber are entirely self-contained in its own directory. Just
removing the directory and extracting the files again is sufficient.

AmberTools will install properly without putting $AMBERHOME/bin in your
PATH, it just may not install correctly if you don't set AMBERHOME at all
(or set it to something incorrect).

> And if I just overwrite the earlier installation by configuring again, will
> it
> work?

Yes it should. Make sure you run a "make clean" first, though.

Good luck,
Jason

> Thank You,
> Majid