[AMBER] Problem with trajin

From: Lui <ltl.Cs.Nott.AC.UK>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 16:48:50 +0100

Dear all,

I'm trying to use PTRAJ to calculate the distance between the different
residues.
The input file is simply:/

trajin data.trj 1 4535 1
distance d1-2 :1 :2 out dis1.5.list/

My data file is in the form of AMBER trajectory (also called AMBER
coordinate in VMD), uncompressed.
When I run PTRAJ, i get the following error

/checkCoordinates(): Could not predict number of frames for AMBER
trajectory file: data.trj
     If this is not a compressed file then there is a problem/

The last line of the ptraj.out file is

/Processing AMBER trajectory file data.trj/

The trajectory file can be opened with VMD and the visual output looks
perfectly normal.

I have used the same script and method for another trajectory file, and
it worked without any problem.

I'm using AmberTools 1.4.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.