Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA.py ala-scanning output results

From: Jesper Sørensen <lists.jsx.dk>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 19:06:58 +0200

Hi Jason,

Thanks a lot for the answer - it is all much clearer to me know.

In the sense of the standard error I have read that you can only use it if
you data-points are uncorrelated or otherwise you will have to do
block-averaging and then you can only divide by the square-root of the new
number of data-points. The test for this is called statistical inefficiency.
Have you played around with this? I have a huge data set, but I want to make
sure the data is uncorrelated - otherwise the std. error of the mean may get
un-physically low. I guess otherwise you could just sample a lot or more
frequently (to infinity) and report really small values (going to 0)...

Best,
Jesper