Re: [AMBER] No mdcrd file with PMEMD reply

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 12:24:56 -0700

Hello,

You should keep replies to the amber list so others benefit from the
discussion. pmemd will only print trajectories when you are running MD.
This was true for sander as well up until version 10 or 11 (I think it was
11). This was implemented by someone doing extensive QM/MM calculations
that wanted to see how the structures minimized (especially since each step
can take hours if you're using a sufficiently high level QM method with a
large enough QM subsystem).

That functionality has not been ported to pmemd, so what you're seeing is
expected (and documented, I think) behavior.

Hope this helps,
Jason

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida