[AMBER] MMPBSA.py ala-scanning output results

From: Jesper Sørensen <lists.jsx.dk>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 16:13:17 +0200

Hi,

I have a question about the output produced by the MMPBSA.py script from an
alanine scanning.

I think the value of the standard error is wrong - mostly because it is
really high.

RESULT OF ALANINE SCANNING: (L12A MUTANT:) DELTA DELTA G binding = 0.3974
+/- 24.2708

I have taken the output files and run them through my own matlab script.
If I subtract the two columns with the "DELTA G binding" numbers I get:

AVG -0.397356
STD 0.937653

The average is the same, but the STD is very different. Does anybody have a
comment on this?
I have performed this calculation of a lot of residues in my complex and
they all produce +/- around 24 to 25, no matter the value of the ddG.

Best regards,
Jesper