Re: [AMBER] Amber CUDA calcualtion on GeForce GTX 590 ?

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 11:29:58 -0700

Hi Marek,

Yes, these cards should work in exactly the same way as the GTX295's did.
That is they are effectively two completely independ GPUs on the same PCI-E
bus. Consider them to just be essentially 2 GX580s in one of those break out
boxes and note that the effective PCI bandwidth between the two GPUs is
effectively 8x. Hence you can run 2 single GPU jobs at one, one on each GPU
ID and they should run more or less at full single GPU speed. In parallel
the scaling will be slightly worse than if you bougth 2 GTX580 cards and put
them in side by side x16 slots.

Hope that helps.

All the best
Ross