Re: [AMBER] Any manual for python or perl to transform a matrix for data analysis?

From: <steinbrt.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 04:31:02 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Catherine,

I would suggest using Perl for this. There are plenty of web resources on
how to manipulate text files. Also, O'Reilly's 'Learning Perl' by
Schwartz&Phoenix is a must have for anyone writing scripts. It's actually
the only manual I ever saw that is good and fun to read.

Why not use Python? Because I'm trying to start a flamewar here!

Ok, admittedly Perl and Python will both do a good job...

Thomas

Dr. Thomas Steinbrecher
formerly at the
BioMaps Institute