Re: [AMBER] How to get the free energy landscape from a MD simulation?

From: <steinbrt.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 11:04:03 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I am not sure if this is what you mean, but if you can define a clear
reaction coordinate x for the change you see, e.g. some distance, you can
use ptraj to analyse the time series of movement along it, compute a
histogram P(x) and transform it into a potential of mean force via dF=
-RTln P(x). This is only meaningful if all points along x are well sampled
though.

Kind Regards,

Thomas

On Thu, March 24, 2011 10:55 am, Catein Catherine wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> I have done the MD simulations. I would like to analysis the free energy
> landscapes of a conformational change during a long MD simulations.
>
> Can I do it with ptraj or any other softwares or scripts?
>
> Best regards,
> Catherine

Dr. Thomas Steinbrecher
formerly at the