Re: [AMBER] how to calculate scattering trajectory

From: Adrian Roitberg <roitberg.qtp.ufl.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 16:16:50 +0100

Yes you would but....
the velocity of the cis-pinonic acid acid will then be modified by the
thermostat ! (the velocity direction would also probably be changed,
depending on the thermostat also). Hence, what you think as "velocity'
for your particle will change even before hitting the water shell.

I would need to think carefully about this, but other than having a
thermostat attached just to the water, I do not see a way. Attaching a
thermostat to just a part of the system requires code changes.

Adrian