Re: [AMBER] how to calculate scattering trajectory

From: Wen Xu <wxu.mail.chem.tamu.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 10:11:41 -0500

Hi Adrian,
   I did as what you suggest. First I got the restart file after
equilibrating the system
at Temp=298.15 for 10ps. Then I manually changed the cis-pinonic acid
velocity
in the restart file to 185m/s (about 0.1 angstrom 1/20 ps). Then I ran
the molecular
dynamics at NVE ensemble. However then temperature of the system goes
up from
298.15 K to 352 K after 50 ps. I know without a thermostat the
temperature will
not stay.
However, in reality. The spherical water cluster is in a bath gas of
Nitrogen under 1
atmospheric pressure. The cis-pinonic acid concentration is on the
order of ppb level.
I think the kinetic energy of the system should dissipate quickly by
colliding with the
bath gas (nitrogen). Therefore, I think that including a thermostat
will be more
appropriate. My question is can I use the NVT ensemble to study the
scattering trajectory?
But using NVT ensemble, I should be able to get the temperature of the
system constant.
Thank you for your help.

Sincerely yours,
Wen Xu