Re: [AMBER] parameters for metal site

From: Jorgen Simonsen <jorgen589.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 15:39:14 +0100

Hi,

Thanks.

> The radius in MEP computation for your metallic center was not defined
> by Singh & Kollman...

No the radius for the atoms were taken from

http://www.ccdc.cam.ac.uk/products/csd/radii/table.php4

and used for the RESP calculation.

> Did you optimize the tetrahedral complex by QM? or did you manually
> 'arrange' the molecular system by adding a water molecule?
>
> Did you optimize the trigonal complex by QM as well?
>
> Did you compute RESP or ESP charges?

Yes both states were optimized with QM and the basis set should be
fine for copper which is the metal ion in my case. After optimization,
I computed the hessian and from that the force constants.

Also ESP and mulliken were calculated.

> Did you try not using parameters from TIP3P?
> My understanding is that TIP3P is for a solvent...

No - I have not (yet) but I still do not understand how the vdw radius
defined in Amber is neglected during the minimization. I could add a
vdw term for the hydrogen and see if this helps. I have been able to
parametrize a couple of tetrahedral complexes with TIP3P and I have
not experienced any problems there - not during minimization nor MD
simulation.

I will collect some statistics from the server and see if this differs
significantly - that is a good test.