Re: [AMBER] no answer so far - free energy profile for water slab

From: Jojart_Balazs <jojartb.jgypk.u-szeged.hu>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 15:38:35 +0100

Hello Martina,
I'm Balazs, Milan's college :).
I read about your query in AMBER mailing list, and i think I can help you.
In NAMD I faced also to a similar problem, and I was able to solve it in NAMD.
I defined a DUMMY atom in the middle if the water box, and applied a restraint
between that dummy atom (which was fixed) and the COM of the water box.
As fair I know there is a possibility to perform umbrella sampling in NAMD ( I
never used it), but there is an alternative: ABF.
In NAMD you can use the AMBER ff as well.
If you need more help to set up such a system in NAMD, don't hesitate to
contact me :).
Hope this helps,
Balazs

> liquid/vacuum interface. The original (bulk) water box was 30 A x 30 A x 30
A. We

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 15:57:16 +0100, Martina Roeselova wrote