Re: [AMBER] Umbrella sampling coordinate question

From: Rajesh Raju <rajesh.raju.mail.chem.tamu.edu>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 12:55:38 -0600

Dear Carlos,

Thank you very much for your reply. I have attached the receptor
molecule structure with this email. I would like to studnt binding
free energy of small solutes like benzene. I have shown the reaction
coordinate. I want to generate aPMF profile for the inclusion of the
solute molecules into this receptor. I can do the umbrella sampling in
two different ways. One way is to make the coordinate and tolopoly
files for different distance restraint and do umbrella sampling. The
advantage is the dist_vs_time value will start from the closet value
correspond to the distant constraint value. Second way is to keep the
solute and receptor molecules at same configuration and do individual
simulations corresponding to the different distance constraint value.
Would both give the same PMF profile ? If different why and which is
the best approach?

Thanking you in advance
Rajesh