Re: [AMBER] continuum solvation with low viscosity

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 07:19:58 -0500

definitely check out the tutorials on the amber web site if you have not
already.

you'll want to use one of the GB models for the simulation- there are
several, and the pro/con have been fairly well discussed in the literature.
which one is "best" depends on what you are simulating.

the viscosity is controlled with Langevin dynamics (ntt=3 in amber) and
gamma_ln (lower is less). There is a paper a while back from Pande showing
folding rates as a function of viscosity.

I suggest doing the tutorials and coming back with specific questions once
you're up and running.
good luck!