[AMBER] how to create periodic box similar to TIP3PBOX?

From: Junjian Miao <junjianmiao.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 09:32:35 +0800

Hi all,

I want to create a benzene periodic box to simulate macromolecules using the following actions and steps,

loadoff bnz.lib

init = copy BNZ

solvatebox init BNZ 30 iso

saveamberparm init bnzbox.prm bnzbox.rst

i checked the bnzbox.rst, surprisingly, it is not a cubic box, why?

then i performed NVT, NPT equilibration. because of diffusion of benzene, i processed the final .rst file with ptraj.

ptraj benbox.prm << EOF

trajin density.rst

center

image origin center familiar

trajout benbox.pdb pdb

EOF

then i entered into tleap, issued commands as follows,

solbox = loadpdb benbox.pdb

solvatebox mymol solbox 12

since my molecule is very large, so tleap utilizes 4 box to surround the molecule, but there are significant gaps between boxes. however, for the TIP3PBOX, CHCL3BOX, NMABOX, etc. there aren¡¯t gaps, although they are relatively small boxes, why?

how to create TIP3PBOX-like solvent box? and further, how to load it automatically when using tleap?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Junjian Miao