Re: [AMBER] PTRAJ and segmentation faults

From: Seibold, Stephen <Seibold79.stmary.edu>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 18:53:29 +0000

Hi Dan
I gathered trajectories using NetCDF (20 sets) and still got the segmentation fault while trying to do "contacts". Distance measurements do work however.

I then took old (AMBER 8) mdcrd files generated from a small single protein and tried to get contacts. Again, got the segmentation fault. The mask .CD represented 184 atoms in 137 sets.

Initially, I unpacked and first installed tooset1.4 under a user where I used gcc44, followed by installing AMBER11 using gcc44 under the same usr in the same directory. That is according to AMBER11 instructions, I had to install ToolSet1.4 first AND then AMBER11 in the same directory.

However, the toolset1.4 I am now using with the new bugfixes was installed as another user in different location on computer using gcc41. I am assuming since distance measurements work that all other applications should also.

...desperately searching for a reason for the segmentation faults.

Thanks, Steve