Re: [AMBER] binding energy calculation problem

From: <poll.chemie.uni-hamburg.de>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 15:26:07 +0100

I tried to use MMPBSA.py.As mentioned in the manual a python version
2.6 or later is needed. I used python3.0 which is already installed
on our machines. As I executed the MMPBSA.py I got the following
error:

python3.0 $AMBERHOME/bin/MMPBSA.py

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/amber11/bin/MMPBSA.py", line 44, in <module>
    import inputparse, utils, alamdcrd # (2)
ImportError: Bad magic number in /opt/amber11/bin/inputparse.pyc

The script finds the inputparse.pyc but it seemed to be broken because
when I rename the inputparse.pyc I get

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/amber11/bin/MMPBSA.py", line 44, in <module>
    import inputparse, utils, alamdcrd # (2)
ImportError: No module named inputparse

So the MMPBSA.py might not work with Python3.0?Any thoughts on this?

Thx in advance

Bernhard Poll