Re: [AMBER] nab problems: compile and use on different machines

From: Anselm Horn <Anselm.Horn.biochem.uni-erlangen.de>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 13:52:00 +0100

Dear Jason,

> Keep in mind, though, that any calls to Fortran subroutines (i.e. BLAS or
> PBSA) will probably not work unless you also included the statically linked
> libraries/executables (and even then I've never tried it so I can't be 100%
> sure).
I compiled (i.e. configure-d) originally with "-static", at least the
small samples I need do work. Thanks for the hint.

However, I was a bit too enthusiastic, because the sed-hack just works
on the machines with a very similar architecture/OS installation, of course.
Thus, I'll install a different Linux version soon and recompile the
complete Amber/AmberTools project - which works fine right out of the
box for newer Linux installations.

Best regards,

Anselm

Bioinformatik
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
Germany