Re: [AMBER] create urea molecule.

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 17:28:53 +0100

Dear Subrata,

> I downloaded tripos1.mol2 file and convert in to amber off file.

You do not need to convert mol2 file into OFF (both formats have the
same role in your case); but you do need to add the FF atom types
corresponding to the FF of your choice.

See http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/projects/W-80/script1.ff
(or use antechamber to add FF atom types)

> after that i converted into prmtop and inpcrd file and then minimize with
> sander command.
> still out put file is not written why?

This looks like a sander problem...

What is the error generated by sander?

Did you test sander after compilation?

If I run the "sander" command only I get:
[fyd.lynx ~]$ sander
Unit 5 Error on OPEN: mdin

> actually I want to construct rigid planer urea molecule.How?

I would read how the rigid TIP3P water model has been constructed first...
You could also read the article from Fox & Kollman J. Phys. Chem. B
1998, 102, 8070-8079. They worked on organic solvents as well....

regards, Francois