Re: [AMBER] compilation failure of amber 11 on Itanium2

From: Lachele Foley (Lists) <"Lachele>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 17:12:30 -0500

Just an additional thing...

I looked on a backup from an old Itanium2 system, and the intel
compilers there did not include any file named *svml*. On a 32-bit
Intel-based system from the same release, the file was there. That
is:

32-bit (in /opt/intel):

# find ./ -name "*svml*"
./cc/10.1.015/lib/libsvml.so
./cc/10.1.015/lib/libsvml.a
./fc/10.1.015/lib/libsvml.so
./fc/10.1.015/lib/libsvml.a

on the archive from the Itanium2 system:

# ls -d cc/10.1.015/lib
cc/10.1.015/lib
# ls ./cc/10.1.015/lib/libsvml.so
ls: ./cc/10.1.015/lib/libsvml.so: No such file or directory
[etc.]

...so it might be that this library doesn't exist for ia64 installs.

I can't help much beyond that.

:-) Lachele

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 5:01 PM, Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 3:18 PM, Yubo Fan <pengpengtadie.gmail.com> wrote:
>> ld: cannot find -lsvml
>
> Error messages during the link step usually indicate that your
> environment has not been set up correctly (specifically
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH is either empty or points to the wrong place). Have
> you run the environment setup scripts for the intel compilers and MKL
> version you are trying to use? On my system (x86_64 with intel 11)
> using bash I run:
>
> source $INTELHOME/bin/iccvars.sh intel64
> source $INTELHOME/bin/ifortvars.sh intel64
> source $INTELHOME/mkl/tools/environment/mklvarsem64t.sh
>
> For your specific setup it might be a bit different; refer to the
> intel compiler documentation for more information on setting up the
> environment.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> -Dan

:-) Lachele